This document refers to personal data, which is defined as information concerning any living person (a natural person who hereafter will be called the data subject) that is not already in the public domain.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which is EU wide and far more extensive than its predecessor the Data Protection Act, along with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR), seek to protect and enhance the rights of EU data subjects. These rights cover the safeguarding of personal data and the unrestricted movement of personal data within the EU and its storage within the EEA.
Pinner and Harrow Mobile Osteopaths, based at 28c First Avenue, Wembley, Middlesex, HA98QG, which hereafter for the purposes of this Privacy notice will be referred to as the Osteopaths, is pleased to provide you with the following information:
2-Who we are
The Osteopaths diagnose and treat health conditions. Treatments are carried out in accordance with the Institute of Osteopathy's patient charter
a)For the purposes of providing treatment, Osteopaths may require detailed medical information. We will only collect what is relevant and necessary for your treatment. During appointments we will make notes which may include details concerning your medication, treatment and other issues affecting your health. This data is always held securely, and is not shared with anyone not involved in your treatment. To be able to process your personal data it is a condition of any treatment that you give your explicit consent to allow Osteopaths to document and process your personal data. Contact details provided by you such as telephone numbers, email addresses, and postal addresses may be used to remind you of future appointments and provide reports or other information concerning your treatment. As part of our obligations as primary healthcare practitioners there may be circumstances related to your treatment, on-going care or medical diagnosis that will require the sharing of your medical records with other healthcare practitioners e.g. GPs, consultants and/or medical companies. Where this is required we will always inform you first unless we are under a legal obligation to comply.
b)Some basic personal data may be collected about you from the surveys you complete, from records of our correspondence and phone calls and details of your visits to our website, including, but not limited to, personally identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses.
d)Osteopaths will only collect the information needed so that we can provide you with the services you require. Osteopaths does not sell or broker your data.
4-Legal basis for processing any personal data
To meet our contractual obligations obligations obtained from explicit Patient Consent and legitimate interest to respond to enquiries concerning the services provided
5-Legitimate interests pursued by Osteopaths
To promote treatments for patients with all types of health problems indicated for osteopathic care.
Through agreeing to this privacy notice you are consenting to Osteopaths processing your personal data for the purposes outlined. You can withdraw consent at any time by using the postal, email address or telephone number provided at the end of this privacy notice.
Osteopaths will keep your personal information safe and secure. Only staff engaged in providing your treatment will have access to your patient records. Osteopaths will not disclose your Personal Information unless compelled to, in order to meet legal obligations, regulations, or valid governmental requests.
Osteopaths will process personal data during the duration of any treatment and will continue to store the personal data needed for eight years after the contract has expired to meet any legal obligations. Records concerning minors who have received treatment will be retained until the child has reached the age of 25
All data is held in the United Kingdom. Pinner and Harrow Mobile Osteopaths does not store personal data outside the EEA
- Right of access-you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you
- Right of rectification-you have the right to correctdata that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete
- Right to be forgotten-in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records
- Right to restriction of processing-where certain conditions apply you have the right to restrict the processing
- Right of portability-you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation
- Right to object-you have the right to object to certain types of processing, such as direct marketing
- Right to object to automated processing, including profiling-you also have the right not to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling
In the event that Osteopaths refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why, which you have the right to legally challenge. At your request Osteopaths can confirm what information it holds about you and how it is processed.
11-You can request the following information:
- Identity and the contact details of the person or organisation (Osteopaths) that has determined how and why to process your data
- Contact details of the data protection officer, where applicable
- The purpose of the processing as well as legal basis for processing
- If the processing is based on the legitimate interests of Osteopaths and information about these interests
- The categories of personal data collected, stored, and processed
- Recipient(s) or categories of recipients that the data is/will be disclosed to
- How long the data will be stored
- Details of your rights to correct, erasure, restrict, or object to such processing
- Information about your right to withdraw consent at any time
- How to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority (ICO)
- Whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract, as well as whether you are obliged to provide the personal data
- The source of personal data if it wasn't collected directly from you
- Any details and information of automated decision making, such as profiling, and any meaningful information about about the logic involved, as well as the significance and expected consequences of such processing
12-To access what personal data is held, identification will be required
Osteopaths will accept the following forms of identification (ID) when information on your personal data is requested: a copy of your driving licence, passport, birth certificate and a utility bill not older than three months. A minimum of one piece of photographic ID listed above and a supporting document, are required. If Osteopaths is dissatisfied with the quality, further information my be sought before personal data can be released. All requests should be made by phoning +44 (0) 20 8908 0435, or writing to us at the address above.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Osteopaths you have the right to complain to us. If you do not get a response within 30 days, you can complain to the ICO.
The details for these contacts are:
Pinner and Harrow Mobile Osteopaths-Daniel Clements 07740720632/+44 (0) 20 8908 0435
ICO-Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, SK9 5AF Telephone +44 (0) 303 123 1113 or email